For those who don’t know about Jack Ma
An intelligent mind, an awesome teacher and a clever businessman, Jack Ma is the co-founder and the chairman of the Alibaba Group, one of the world’s largest e-commerce firm.
When he started Alibaba in 1999, and is now one of the boldest businessmen of the world.
Ma was born in a communist society. He hardly made it into university, didn’t know about the computer until he was 31 years old and is still unable to code even a single line.
Jack Ma is listed among one of the most powerful personality by the Forbes magazine. He is currently holding the net worth of $35.6 Billion. In 2018, Jack announced that he will resign from the post of chairman in the next year.
Unknown Facts about Jack Ma
- His real name is Ma Yun
- Jack Ma owns only 6% of the company he founded
- He applied for a job in KFC and got rejected.
- Jack Ma’s wife considers him ugly and was impressed by his other skills
- Before starting Alibaba, he was an English teacher
- His initial business was an internet business named China Yellow Pages which was a flop.
- Behind the success of Alibaba, he gives credits to his English students with whom he started the business.
- He is also a founder of Jack Ma foundation, charity organization opened with the aim of improving education
His famous Quotes
- “If you don’t give up, you still have a Chance to Win. Giving up is a Great Failure.”
- “if you don’t Give Up, you still have a Chance. Giving up is the Greatest Failure.”
- “Never Give up. Today is hard, Tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
- “You need the right people with you, not the best people.”
- “if you have never tried, how will you ever know if there’s any chance?”
- “We appreciate yesterday, but we’re looking for a better tomorrow.”
- “When KFC came to China, 24 people went for the job, 23 people were accepted, I was the only guy.”
Facts about Alibaba
- More than 30,000 employees work for Alibaba. More employees then Facebook and Yahoo combined
- Alibaba’s Taobao is counted among one of the 20 most-visited websites worldwide\
- Alibaba has 231 annual million active users – more than Amazon and eBay
Things to learn from Jack Ma
Jack Ma is not only a great entrepreneur, but he is also the great human being with positive attitude towards life and people. Things we can learn from Jack Ma:
- Don’t lose hope from rejections, a ray of light is waiting at the other end
- Don’t forget the people, who helped you get to where you are today
- Failures push you to the heights of success
- Be fearless in front of your fears
- Never give up in life
- For being an entrepreneur, you don’t need to be smart instead, you need to have smart people around you
So readers, hope you loved the facts about world’s 8th richest man – Jack Ma.
If you want to open your own business but are afraid of taking risk, then just read the above lines
Please give your comments and share your thoughts.